Friday, February 28, 2014


MY NEW FAVORITE SHOES!



When it comes to exercise footwear, I can be pretty difficult.

First off, I have gotten used to training barefoot the majority of the time. Training 'sans les chaussures' comes with a plethora of benefits: it is good for your feet and ankles, for your balance, it helps activating your muscle properly…. and these are just the obvious ones. 
-If your feet have collapsed arches or if you have other foot conditions, you might want to talk to your doctor and work on your specific challenge before you lose the shoes-

When impact is involved however, I enjoy having a little bit of cushioning. This is when I run into problems, because I still prefer using minimalist footwear, but I also really like when it doesn’t look awful.
Vibrams are probably the next best thing to prancing around barefoot, but goodness…. they are pretty ugly. And by pretty ugly, I mean they are SUPER ugly. I do own pair and I use it, just don’t expect me to wear it in any public setting.



So whenever I teach Zumba, do P90X3 or am out and about still in my workout clothes, I am wearing sneakers. Some of my favorite sneakers come from the Nike Free line. They have only a little cushioning, not much grip and bend very easily. The toe box is not enormous, don’t expect to be able to freely spread your tootsies but it is reasonable. There are tons and tons of colors to choose from, so if you are one those people who likes to match shoes with outfits, this is the brand you want to go with.




This week, I discovered what might very well my new all time favorite minimalist sneaker… The Women Reebok CrossFit Nano….





 I don’t even like CrossFit (whole other post…) but those are great! Flat, very little grip, supple articulation and roomy toe box. What else can a girl ask for? Well, one thing, they actually look pretty cute. I have used them while dancing, walking around and through a couple of jumpy, plyometrics types workouts, and they are GREAT!

You can also designed your own pair, and I lost to time creating a screaming hot pink shoe. With my name on it.  ;-)




I would love to hear what shoes you prefer to wear and for what type of activity.

No comments: